Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Review Tour: Don't Let me Fall by Briana Pacheco


Don't Let Me Fall
By: Briana Pacheco
Releases:  December 4, 2014
Link:  Goodreads



Synopsis: 

I don't want to be here.

When you lose the one person that was your whole life, you'll understand. For me, it was my best friend, Alice. We spent every second of every day together. We planned a life. I was actually living. I was happy.

Now, it's just gone.

And I'm still here. Lonely. A tatted up body with an empty soul.

Getting inside of my head won't be pretty. I'm warning you now that you won't like me. I hate people besides my family. I hate everything around me. I just want to be alone. And I HATE how Logan Mercer doesn't understand that. He's everywhere; getting inside of my head, kissing me when he shouldn't be, messing everything up, and trying to get me to open up. He's making me crazier than I already am. Why do I need to talk about my life? Why does he even care?

Why doesn't anyone understand that I don't want to get attached to people? I don't want to get fixed.

I want to be alone.

I want to be free.

I want to fly.

My name is Rebeckah Lennox and this is my story...of how I fell.

WARNING: Due to heavy subject matter, strong language, possible triggering descriptions of self-harm and some sexual situations this book is not recommended for anyone under the age of 17.

My Review: 

Don't let me Fall is a wonderful story of Love and Forgiving ones self.  I love how Briana Pacheco brings this story to us, it starts as many other new adult novels, with the heroine of the story starting college.  Only, this time, she's at a new school, trying to get away from bad memories and move on with her life.  That is where the similarities end.  

Rebeckah (Becky) has been through a serious trauma, and it has affected her life in many ways.  She doesn't make friends, she doesn't do realtionships, and she's rather hard to talk to sometimes.  She feels serious amounts of guilt over her past traumatic experience and she often questions why she's still living. Becky also has a lot going on her in normal everyday life. Family struggles are the fore front of why she's come home. 

Logan enters Becky's life at the start of the school year, first glance and he knows there's something about her, but she doesn't want to give him the time of day.  Logan doesn't let that deter him though, and through his sister, Aimee's new-found friendship with Becky, he moves in and doesn't give up. 

Becky doesn't know how to handle it at first, this guy horning in on her life and trying to make her feel things she doesn't want to feel. She doesn't want a relationship, she doesn't want a steady guy in her life.  

But in the way of true love, Logan doesn't back down and eventually Becky starts to give in. Only to have things blow up in her face. (sorry, No spoilers here)  Their path wasn't easy and there was a lot to work through, but Don't Let Me Fall was a powerful story that was both heart breaking and swoon worthy at points.  I enjoyed every last word of this beautiful story.





1 comment:

  1. Thank you for taking the time to read Rebeckah's story! <3

    ReplyDelete